Tubal Reversal Recovery
Recovery Time After Outpatient Tubal Reversal
Many women ask how much time they will need to take leave from work after a tubal reversal. This varies among different individuals and depends also on the nature of your job. Based on over 10,000 outpatient tubal reversal operations performed by Dr. Berger at Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center, the usual time for recovery and return to work is one week or less.
Feedback from patients after surgery is often posted on the Tubal Reversal Message Board. Here are some messages posted by message board members about their recovery after outpatient tubal reversal by Dr. Berger. To read the complete message thread, click on the link:
- I had my TR on Friday and was back to work Monday. I have a desk job and had everyone doing any lifting I needed done. I was a little slow getting around, wore stretchy pants and slip-on sandles so I didn't have to worry about tieing my shoes. I was surprised at how well I got around after the surgery. Tina C.
- "I had my surgery on a Friday and I went back to work on Monday. I was a little sore but I felt better everyday." Angela H.
- "I recently had my TR procedure done. I was released from Dr. B's office by 1 pm and I was up walking around by 4 pm and I have felt fine ever since." Kristine H.
- "I was back to work after one week. I felt pretty good before that but did not push myself." Susan C.
- "You can return to work as soon as you feel ready to following surgery. Some patients return after 3 days - others wait one week." Julia Smith, RN
At Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center, anesthesia is tailored to meet the needs of ambulatory surgery patients so they can leave the surgical facility safely and comfortably within an hour or two after their operation.
- "I just wanted to follow up with you and let you know how great I did after surgery. I felt fantastic when I woke up from surgery. Not one bit of nausea." Nikole F.
Dr. Berger uses microsurgery techniques throughout the operation, applying local anesthesia to the skin, muscles, and connective tissues. These techniques minimize tissue injury, bleeding, post-operative pain, and result in rapid patient recovery after tubal ligation reversal.
After Outpatient Tubal Reversal Surgery
- "I am lying here at the Sheraton Hotel in Chapel Hill almost 12 hours after the surgery and thinking to myself "WOW – what a wonderful thing all of you have done." I have never felt so relaxed or treated so wonderfully as I have since all of you have come into my life. And you should know that it doesn’t end here…you will all always be family and a part of my life…SPECIAL!
I will always feel this way no matter what our future may hold. Of all the surgeries I’ve been through this was the best one yet. Never has anyone cared so much as everyone at Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center. You all have touched my life. You are all angels! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!"
Posted May 4, 2006
Heidi and Rodger F.
Tubal Reversal Message Board
The links listed below are to some of the other topics most discussed on the message board: