A Personal Choice A Personal Choice BBB

Tubal Reversal Pregnancy Study:
A Decade of Observation

Tubal Reversal Study Overview

Tubal ligation reversal at our practice is the most successful treatment for women wanting to get pregnant after a tubal ligation. Tubal reversal restores tubal anatomy and function, allowing the opportunity to conceive a pregnancy naturally and more than one time without further treatment.

This report presents describes statistics about pregnancies reported by our patients over the course of a decade. It is the largest and most definitive study ever reported about pregnancies and pregnancy outcomes after tubal reversal surgery.

Introduction

Wanting to get pregnant after a tubal ligation is common after remarriage, loss of a child, for religious considerations, to alleviate post tubal ligation symptoms, to feel whole again, and other reasons.

Most people are not aware that tubal ligation – usually considered a permanent method of birth control – can be reversed through low cost, one hour outpatient surgery.
Even many health professionals believe mistakenly that in vitro fertilization (IVF) is needed for women who want another baby after a tubal ligation. The results from the Tubal Reversal Pregnancy Study show tubal ligation reversal when performed at our practice is the most successful option for most women with tied tubes who want to become pregnant again.

About The Tubal Reversal Study Author

Although Dr. Gary Berger had been performing tubal reversal since the 1970’s, he began to intensively analyze tubal reversal statistics after he stopped providing in-vitro fertilization services and began to specialize exclusively in tubal surgery in 1997. Dr. Berger began the Tubal Reversal Study in July of 2000. He realized it was critical to collect detailed statistics and the chance of pregnancy success after tubal reversal surgery. He understood it was only with this detailed information that he could provide accurate counseling to women and couples seeking tubal reversal surgery.

The Tubal Reversal Study required over a decade of work and was possible as a result of his guidance, the efforts of his staff, and the active participation of his patients. Dr. Monteith joined the study in 2008 and contributed to the last three years of the study; however, the success of the study is credited to Dr. Berger and represents a lifetime of his work. Without his vision and leadership this study would have never been possible.

Countless number of women and couples can thank Dr. Berger for his crowning achievement finalized just before his retirement.

The complete Tubal Reversal Pregnancy Study: A Decade of Observation can be viewed by using the following links:

Table of Contents

16 thoughts on “Tubal Reversal Pregnancy Study Report 2011 – Overview”

1. morgan says:

I need more info

1. Dr. Monteith says:

Morgan
      We will email you more information on Monday. Please call us at (919)968-4656 if you have questions.

2. Lashanda says:

I have 2 boys and 2 girls. I had my tubes tied in 2006 because of DV relationship and I di want to bring another child into the world in that environment. Now I am with a man that really loves me for me and wants to have a child with me. I really feel like this is the one. I am in the low income bracket and I he that this procedure is expensive. I don’t know to do, but I know what I want and that’s another baby. Please help me.

1. Dr. Monteith says:

Lashanda
      One of our nurses will email you more information.

3. omaira says:

hello I had a tubal done 15yrs ago and I wished I never had done this now I want a baby and I can’t get pregnant because I did the tubal. I’m a low income and need information regarding the reversal and the cost. please help me I’m under a lot of stress and very depressed.

1. Dr. Monteith says:

Omaira

We can certainly help you. We charge $5900 and we also have a pre-payment plan. Please give us a call at (919)968-4656 and we can answer any questions you may have.

4. Courtney says:

Ive had a tubal done but ive been regretting it and been depressed about it. I really wish i didn’t do it. Please help me. I want to know more about the reversal procedure and where i can go and the cost! Thanks

1. Dr. Monteith says:

Courtney
      You are not alone and we can help you. I will email you information about tubal reversal at our facility the Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

5. Eileen says:

I want to have a tubalization reversal procedure done.

1. Dr. Monteith says:

Eileen
      We can help you. I am emailing you additional information tonight!