Symptoms of Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome
Post Tubal Ligation - List of Symptoms
Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome - What Is It?
Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome (PTLS) is controversial among doctors and patients. Most doctors doubt that such a syndrome exists. Most women who experience adverse symptoms following a tubal ligation believe it does! Whether called Post tubal Ligation Syndrome or simply Post Tubal Ligation Symptoms, the term refers to a variety of long-term effects that some women have after their tubes are tied that they did not have before their tubal ligation.
How Women Describe PTLS
Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome affects some women after having a tubal ligation or their tubes tied. A tubal ligation is often performed shortly after the birth of child. While healing from childbirth, women notice changes going on with their bodies. At first these changes may be dismissed, assuming things will improve over time. Only when symptoms get worse are they likely to consult with their doctors.
When speaking with their physicians and describing the various symptoms taking place, women are often given the following answers, none of which mentions treatment or cure:
- "You are just getting older and your body is changing."
- "Nothing changes with your body after a tubal ligation."
- "Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome does not exist."
- "It's all in your head and maybe you are depressed. We will prescribe you an antidepressant."
Walking away frustrated and humiliated, these women know this is not in their heads and they need to find out if there is a cure. They do not want to live with the symptoms plaguing them and they want their health back.
List of Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome Symptoms
- Mood Swings - can be from happy to sad and crying within a matter of minutes. Mood can also become aggressive. Makes PMS look like a walk in the park.
- Libido diminishes or disappears totally.
- Vaginal Changes - Vaginal area becomes itchy and red and chafed with no presence of yeast infection. This area can also become extremely dry.
- Increased Fatigue - Increasing to the point where there are days that all you want to do is sleep. Impossible to keep up with demands of family and work.
- Feeling Doom - Like there is a black cloud over your head and you are convinced that something bad is about to happen.
- Anxiety Issues - This is quite noticeable in women that have never had anxiety. These women have no idea what they are experiencing or why.
- Memory Loss and Foggy Feeling - it feels as though your brain is in a "fog". Becoming forgetful (which can be very scary).
- Skin Issues - Some describe the feeling as though something is crawling on your skin. Acne can also become an issue.
- Hair Loss - Scalp thins while hair growth becomes greater on other parts of the body, such as facial hair and hair around nipples.
- Migraines - These can be debilitating.
- Feeling of pelvic fullness and sharp stabbing pains at ovulation time.
- Breast Milk Production Declines- Noticed by women who had multiple children and never had a problem with producing milk before tubal ligation. After tubal ligation they may not have enough milk to meet their baby's needs on nursing alone.
- Changes In Breast - Breasts may become very tender. There may also be a loss of tissue mass.
- Menstrual Abnormalities - Periods can be extremely heavy and painful with clotting. Cycle is not regular. None of these things happened before tubal ligation.
These are some of the symptoms women report as long-term side effects of their tubal ligation. While researching to learn how to treat PTLS or if there is a cure, they may find Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center and realize that many others have been through this and have received Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome treatment.
PTLS Treatment at Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center
Dr. Gary Berger and Dr. Charles Monteith have performed tubal reversal surgery for several hundred women desiring relief from the symptoms of PTLS. They have found that over 90% of patients have reported symptom relief almost immediately following tubal ligation reversal. These women have managed to regain full control of their lives back from Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center conducts follow-up questionnaires among their patients who have opted for ligation reversal surgery for relief of PTLS. There is now medical evidence of relief from the devastating effects of PTLS with tubal ligation reversal surgery.More about PTLS Symptoms and Treatment