Guide to Scheduling Your Tubal Reversal Procedure
Detailed Step-by-step Guide to Scheduling Tubal Surgery.
Bonnie Ayscue, RN, BSN
1. Look at your calendar and select a few possible dates for your reversal procedure. A specific date will be confirmed once you speak to a Tubal Reversal Nurse and receive a confirmation letter. If you have had an endometrial ablation, call (919) 968-4656 to speak with a nurse before proceeding to step 2.
2. Submit the non-refundable $100 scheduling fee via PayPal at www.PayPal.com using the email: Payments@tubal-reversal.net Please be sure to select ‘Service’. Payment can also be made via MasterCard, VISA, or Discover or through a bank-to-bank wire transfer.
3. After submitting your scheduling fee, one of our Tubal Reversal Nurses will call you within 24 hours to schedule your surgery. If you prefer not to wait for our nurse to call then you are also welcome to contact a Tubal Reversal Nurse at (919) 968-4656 during regular East coast business hours to schedule your surgery. Prior to calling, please take a moment to locate a local laboratory (such as LabCorp) and obtain the phone and fax number. Have this information available to give the nurse when you call. It is important to provide a thorough, detailed health history when you speak to the nurse. Providing inaccurate health history or withholding important health information will result in cancellation or rescheduling of your appointment and forfeiture of surgery fees.
4. Complete a health history and surgery scheduling form with one of our Tubal Reversal Nurses during a brief 10 – 15 minute phone consultation.
5. The nurse who completes your scheduling forms will send a Confirmation Letter, Patient Responsibility Statement, and Registration Packet to you by e-mail within a few hours of your phone consultation.
6. Submit payment of your full surgery fee within 24 hours via MasterCard, VISA, or Discover or through a bank-to-bank wire transfer. You may also send a cashier’s check or money order by overnight mail. Payments submitted by credit card will be subject to an additional processing fee.
7. Read through the documents you received. Sign and date each of the signature pages and return these by fax within 24 hours.
8. If your surgery date is within the next 60-90 days, you should have the required lab testing performed within 48 hours. The nurse will fax an order to any lab of your choosing using the information you provided when you called to schedule your appointment.
9. Plan your travel to Chapel Hill. You must bring an adult age 18 or over with you to the consultation. This person will also accompany you on the day of surgery and will remain in the surgery center until you are discharged. Only one person should come with you and no children are allowed for appointments. All patients are required to spend at least the night before surgery and the night of surgery in town at The Residence Inn. Your consultation time has been reserved specifically for you, so please plan your travel to accommodate this appointment time. If you are flying or taking the bus or train, your transportation should be scheduled to arrive at least 2 hours prior to your consultation time. If this is not possible, you should plan to arrive in town the evening before the consult. If you are driving, please plan your travel so that you are in town well ahead of the scheduled consultation. All departures on the day following surgery should be planned for 12pm or LATER. No plane, train, or bus reservations should be planned for earlier than 12pm on the day following surgery. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in rescheduling or cancellation of surgery appointments and possible forfeiture of surgery fees.
10. Patients are required to have a body mass index (BMI) of 37 or less three (3) weeks prior to the surgery date. Patients with a BMI greater than 36 at the time of scheduling will be required to submit a BMI verification form completed and signed by their local physician. Since many patients are surprised to find their height is less than they assumed and their weight more than they believed, we strongly recommend you verify your height and weight with a doctor before you schedule if you are close to the BMI limit .
11. Approximately 3 weeks prior to the date of surgery, you will receive confirmation e-mail from our office verifying your chart is complete and all of your information has been received. If you have not heard from us by that time, please send us an e-mail or call the office to confirm everything is in order for your appointment.